TRAVEL TO MALAYSIA DURING COVID
Table of Contents
How to apply for an Entry Approval
Malaysian citizens are allowed to enter Malaysia without an Entry Approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Malaysians should still apply for a Travel Notice with the Embassy by following the steps below
Foreign citizens are not permitted to enter Malaysia during the remaining RMCO period. Only certain categories of foreign citizens are allowed to enter with an Entry Approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Foreign citizens should also apply for a Travel Notice with the Embassy of Malaysia in the country of their port of departure.
Please click the button below to see the categories and apply for an Entry Approval.
Malaysia is gradually reopening its borders to facilitate business and official trips with strict health protocols and border entry requirements in place. Business travellers who enter and stay in the country for a period of 14 days or less, from the date of arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) up to its departure date, are eligible to apply for the Entry Permission of a short-term business traveller.
Entry Approval through MIDA
All Entry Approvals for business travellers have to be done through MIDA by clicking the button below.
How to apply for a Travel Notice
Once you have received your Entry Approval, you can apply for your Travel Notice. You do not need to visit the Embassy in order to apply for your Travel Notice. The application can be done per email.
Send in your application via email to:
Please attach the following documents:
- Scan of the LOU
- Ticket to Malaysia
- Photocopy of passport
- Entry Approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia
The “Travel Notice” will be issued to you within 3 working days per email. Please print out the “Travel Notice” prior to your departure and bring it with you to the airport together with the original LOU.
You will be quarantined upon arrival in Malaysia in a hotel that has been selected by the Government. Starting from the 14th of December 2020, The Ministry of Health has revised the entry procedure for all travelers with regards to the quarantine period:
- Travelers with a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test report are quarantined for 7 days instead of 14 days.
- Travellers without a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test report are quarantined for 10 days instead of 14 days.
In this regard, it is COMPULSORY for the travellers who wish to enter Malaysia after the above-mentioned date to follow the procedure below:-
- To undertake RT-PCR COVID-19 test three (3) days prior to your departure date (if you want to make use of the 7 days quarantine period);
- To install mySejahtera application and complete the health declaration form within the application;
- To pay all the charges imposed by the Government including COVID-19 test, quarantine and hospital charges via https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ (if applicable)
Premium package quarantine
You can also choose to quarantine in a selected hotel that offers a premium package. Please click here to see the list of Hotels that offer premium packages.