Any official document (Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, College Degrees, etc.,)  that has been issued by the Dutch government (agency) that you want to use in Malaysia have to be legalised before they are legally accepted. Please visit the CDC (Consulair Dienstcentrum) in The Hague for the verification of your documents. You can find more information on the CDC by following the link below.

If you want to bring medication with you that falls under the “Opiumwet”, you will need to obtain a legalised Medical Certificate in the English language from your GP. If your medication does not fall under the Opiumwet, you can bring the medication without a legalized statement from your GP. Make sure to bring all medication in their original packaging.

If the document you want to have legalised is in Dutch, you will need to have it translated first. Translations must always be done by an official translator.

These documents should be legalised first by the municipality that issued them. The municipal officer authorised to carry out legalisations will place their name and signature on your document as proof.

  • Obtain the verification sticker from the CDC.
  • Make an appointment with the Embassy for the legalisation of your document.

Please get in touch with the CDC to see what the requirements are. You can also find more information on the website of the CDC.

After you have received the verification sticker from the CDC, you can make an appointment with the Embassy to have your document legalised for the use in Malaysia. 

Please bring the following items to your appointment:

  1. Valid passport/ID
  2. Documents with the verification sticker from the CDC
  3. Application fee (cash only)


Application type

Application fee

Legalization of document

€15 per document

Visa/legalisation agencies must also include an authorization letter.

Please note that the Malaysian Embassy in The Hague is only able to legalize Dutch documents for the use in Malaysia. Legalisation of Malaysian official documents, that will be used in the Netherlands, can only be done by the respective agencies (if applicable), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Malaysia and the Embassy of The Kingdom of The Netherlands in Kuala Lumpur.