Passport renewals and new applications are available to the general public from 09:30 – 12:30, Monday to Friday, except on Malaysian and/or Dutch holidays. Passport renewals are done by appointment only.
Malaysian passports are issued by our High Commission in London and sent to this Embassy by registered mail. For that reason, it takes about four to six weeks for new passport applications to be processed. In this regard, please ensure sufficient time is factored in ahead of your planned trip in order to receive your new passport in time.
Applicants must provide the following (original) documents:
- Application Form (obtained at the Embassy)
- Two identical passport photographs
- Current passport
- Malaysia Identity Card
- Birth certificate/Borang H,W
- Parents’ consent (for applicants under 18)
- Parents’ Marriage certificate (for applicants under 18)
- Dutch Resident/Work/Student Permit
- Passport fee (cash only)
Passport photo requirements:
- Not older than 6 months
- Neutral facial expression with both eyes open and mouth closed
- No head coverings unless worn daily for religious purposes.
- Head scarf should be in a dark color and can’t cast any shadows on the face
- White background
- 35mm x 50mm
- No glasses or contact lenses
- No earrings or other accessories
- Dark clothes covering shoulders and chest
- Ears have to be visible
Children (Age 12 and below)
Regular Application (Age 13 – 59)
Senior Citizens (Age 60 and above)
Degree Students (age 21 and below)*
* Students should bring along their Offer letter or Scholarship letter, receipt of registration fee and Student Card.
** Disabled applicants are required to show evidence of disability