REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
Malaysians living in the Netherlands who give birth to a child are required to register the child within one year from the date of birth at the Embassy. If the child exceeds the age of one year, the application will have to be referred to the National Registration Department in Malaysia. Both parents and the child have to be present at the time of registration.
The following documents are required for the registration of birth:
- Passports of both parents
- Identity Card(s) of parents
- Residence Permits of the parents
- Birth certificates of both parents
- Malaysian Marriage certificate or marriage certificate in the Netherlands, re-registered at the Embassy.
- Local birth Certificate of the child (must be obtained from the City Hall / Gemeente with English translation)
- Three (3) photographs of the child.
- Registration fee (cash only)
Registration of birth
New passport application
(The above is applicable if the child’s father or both parents are Malaysian citizens.)