Beginning on the 15th of November 2020, all foreign citizens who are allowed to enter Malaysia are REQUIRED to make the payment online via MySafeTravel or MyQr application (by MYEG) for their quarantine cost and COVID-19 test prior to their departure. The online payment system can be accessed via https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/.
Malaysian citizens who wish to return to Malaysia after the date above are also encourage to pay via the system prior to their departure. You are only required to disclose the proof of payment during the clearance process at the International Entry Point in Malaysia.
In order to facilitate the quarantine process, all individuals who are allowed to enter Malaysia are required to register themselves via Kuarantin MySejahtera Module at least three (3) days prior to their departure. Registration can be done by scanning the QR Code below using the MySejahtra App:
Following the announcement made by the Director General Immigration of Malaysian regarding the entry for all international students (existing and new student) to Malaysia will be postponed until 31st December 2020, kindly take note that for those who already received the Travel Authorisation from the Director General Immigration of Malaysia through EMGS, must arrive in Malaysia before 8th October 2020. Those who arrive after that date will be issued a “Not To Land (NTL)” notice to restrict their entry to Malaysia.
For international school/private school students (existing student and their companion who already hold long term pass) are allowed to enter Malaysia for the purpose of continuing their study and required to apply the entry approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
For international students who studied at any higher education institution in Sabah and Sarawak are also required to apply the entry approval from the respective State Authority.
6 October 2020
- Effective from 5th October 2020, MM2H Participants who are stranded abroad and wish to re-enter Malaysia are no longer required to register and obtain approval from the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MOTAC). The procedure to re-enter Malaysia will be managed by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- The transition of roles is to standardize Government agency procedures as well as to ensure effective and efficient services to the customers involved.
- MM2H Participants who wish to re-enter Malaysia MUST register with Immigration Department of Malaysia and complete the required information via this link.
- The request to re-enter Malaysia is subject to the approval by the Director General of Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Depending on the current threat of COVID-19 in Malaysia, the terms and conditions to re-enter Malaysia may be revised from time to time. Therefore, any new requirement set by the Government of Malaysia upon entry is applicable to MM2H Participant unless otherwise stated.
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
5th October 2020
MINISTRY OF TOURISM, ARTS AND CULTURE MALAYSIA